cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Cisco Prime 3.3 as a netflow collector possible ?

Chhabi Thapa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I want to implement Flexible netflow in our network where all cisco devices will be exporter and Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.3 as a collector.Assurance license is installed.

But as per the cisco document :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-3/user/guide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_3_0_UserGuide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_3_0_UserGuide_chapter_01010.html

"If your Prime Infrastructure implementation includes Assurance licenses, you must enable data collection via NAMs and NetFlow configurations."

As per the above statement do i really need NAM to collect netflow information on Prime ? If no then how to configure PI as collector ?

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

NAM is just one of the ways to collect data. The sentence you cited should say "or" and not "and".

With an Assurance license active, PI will parse the incoming Netflow records and add them to the database.

Thanks for the reply ,so how i can configure it as a collector.

hello ,

1. you need to have assurance license on PI.

2. you need to configure device to send netflow to PI.

these are the main requirements.

once you have done this, you should see the device as a datasource in PI and should ideally be able to see netflow data.

you can refer to admin/user guide for more details on the exact config

Where do I view this information? 

Here is a Youtube video from a couple of years back walking you through step-by-step:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCgkq1S01xk

The menu layout has changed with 3.x but the workflow is pretty much the same.

It would be nice to see an updated presentation on Prime 3.6 as this one is very outdated for the new interface.

This Video is not opening. Cam you out some steps how to setup Prime for Netflow?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: