cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to send syslog and SNMP traps to two different addresses concurrently?

Yermander
Level 1
Level 1

I am migrating our NMS and I need to assign a new different IP address to the server I am migrating to. One concern I have is that I want to make sure that all nodes I am monitoring are set up to send syslog and SNMP traps to the new address, I could just add config to point the nodes at the new syslog and trap destination but am cocerned that I can't send syslog and SNMP traps to two different addresses concurrently. Can't seem to find any documentation to back this up?

I'd like to configure nodes to send to two different addresses then when I have successfully cutover I can remove references to the old address I am migrating from.

Can I send syslog and traps to two different location sconcurrently?

1 Reply 1

Palani Mohan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Wayne

You can send syslog messages, SNMP notifications (traps) and syslog messages embedded within SNMP notifications (traps), concurrently to as many hosts as you like.

logging host ?

snmp-server host ?

You can add these cmds as many times as you like, to specify where each has to go. After adding the hosts, if you inspect show run, you will see the different hosts are present in the config. Now, if you issue and inspect the output of show logg and show snmp, you will see the reference to the individual hosts where the pkts are being sent to.

It works .... Palani

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: