Views
Helpful
Replies

ISO prime infrastructure 3.9

shrijan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Can you anyone assist me during the installation of ISO of Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.9 in VM ESXI 6.5 which GUEST OS Family should be selected?

Thanks.

Regards,

shrijan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sure as suggested you need to download OVA to deploy ( never installed ISO on VM, ) most ISO i use to install on appliance, but going with open 1 not going to harm if you like to try ISO, But going with OVA is best suitable Options.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Prime Infra 3.9 based on  Redhat / centos 7.

BB

Hi @balaji.bandi 

Thank you for the reply..

After you have said. I have found this error.. I am totally new in this installation VM.

Do you have any doc to follow to install cisco prime 3.9 by ISO in esxi6.5?

Error Cisco Prime9 community.PNG

By the way my ESXI 6.5 is Standard Version. 

And in the quick start of cisco prime 3.9 it has recommended 900GB harddisk space setup.

But I have used only 350 GB of hard drive instead of 900 GB  rest hardware is setup as recommended.

Do you think it also could be the problem for the above Kernel error?

Regards,

shrijan

>...to follow to install cisco prime 3.9 by ISO in esxi6.5

The ISO is used for installing or upgrading appliances, for deployment on VMware you must use or download the virtual appliance (OVA-distribution)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

That is not kernel error, you are inputting wrong information,

You need to select at boot level

boot : ( 1- 4 options) not type setup there.

based on the instalation you need select option, most suggested way connect keyboard and mouse and select option 1 my prefered way to install.

you can follow same :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-9/hardware_install/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_9_Appliance_Hardware_Installation_Guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_8_Appliance_Hardware_Installation_Guide_chapter_01....

BB

Hi @balaji.bandi 

But i am accessing ESXI with web interface remotely.

In that case also option 1 - 4 should be selected?

I thought those options specially 1 and 2 are for accessing the server physically.

Can you give me some hints?

Thanks.

regards,

shrijan

Sure as suggested you need to download OVA to deploy ( never installed ISO on VM, ) most ISO i use to install on appliance, but going with open 1 not going to harm if you like to try ISO, But going with OVA is best suitable Options.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: