Views
Helpful
Replies

issue while adding asa to prime infra 2.1 - buffer size exceeded

girish_gavandi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was trying to add a firewall ASA 5545-X with image 9.0.3 to prime infra 2.1 and faced below error message in firewall logs,

incoming SNMP request (584 bytes) from IP address <PI IP ADD> Port 14796 Interface "<int-name>" exceeds data buffer size, discarding this SNMP request.

SNMP configuration is okay in ASA and PI. While I was searching for similar cases, I came across below thread,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11761921/exceeds-data-buffer-size-discarding-snmp-request

Similar issue but related to LMS and no workaround.

Just wanted to know, if anyone has experienced similar issue and what was the workaround/solution.

Many Thanks,

Girish

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Girish,

This is a device side BUG,

ENH - Increase maximum SNMP message size to 1472 bytes per RFC 3417
CSCsl68380

Known Fixed Releases:      
100.8(51.1)
9.1(5.4)
100.8(40.75)

Thanks-
Afroz
***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Girish,

This is a device side BUG,

ENH - Increase maximum SNMP message size to 1472 bytes per RFC 3417
CSCsl68380

Known Fixed Releases:      
100.8(51.1)
9.1(5.4)
100.8(40.75)

Thanks-
Afroz
***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi afrahmad,

We upgraded the firewall image to 9.3(1) and reconfigured the SNMP and it started working. Prime Infrastructure now can poll the ASA for status and configuration archiving.

Thank for your response, much appreciated.

Regards,

Girish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: