cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues Adding WLC with Code 8.1.131.0 to Cisco Prime 2.2.3.

Irvin Theunis
Level 1
Level 1

HI There

I am having problems adding WLC's to Cisco Prime. The WLC Code is 8.1.131.0 and Cisco Prime is 2.2.3 which is the maintenance release.

When adding the WLC to Prime, it has reachability and Admin Status says managed but under the "Last Inventory Collection Status" it says "Collection Failure". Correct me if I am wrong but SNMP is working and the problem is Prime collecting the data therefore the Collection Failure. One other thing I noticed when adding the WLC to Prime is that I see  SNMP Authentication Failure coming from my Prime Box on the WLC. If the SNMP failed then the WLC would be unreachable and the Admin Status would be "Unmanaged" and I would see  SNMP Connectivity Failed under the Last Inventory Collection Status.

I need help on this please.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Jay_F
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you ever get a fix to this ? i'm using Prime 3.2 with the same software version on the WLC but i'm not even able to add the controller into Prime, it tells me the device is unreachable for snmp v3 credentials. I've tried all sorts so if you did manage to fix would appreciate any advice. Thanks

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Could you try removing the WLC and re-add it; but issue 'verify credentials' first before pusing the add button. Also make sure the all credentials are entered first, including the snmp-intended-credentials.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

nixpengu1n
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

First of all couple of questions to understand this issue more deeply:

1. What SNMP version you are using? How it is configured on WLCs?

2. Is there only one PI instance which manages you wireless infrastructure?

3. Are you using MSE in line with PI?

4. Are you using any ACLs to filter traffic in your LAN / WAN?

5. Are you using any QoS setup which can police / shape traffic (specifically SNMP) in your WAN / LAN?

If you are using SNMP version 2 and you have only one PI instance do the following:

1. First test SNMP connection to WLC from same VLAN  where PI resides with any SNMP query tool; if success - move to 2 point, if not: resolve connection issues first

2. Completely remove WLC from your Network Devices in PI and add it again with valid credentials and version of SNMP

3. Perform Inventory and confirm that everything is working fine; if not - stop NCS service, cleanup database, start NCS service and re-add WLC again

Due to it is the highest firmware version supported by this PI version it could be a bug and PI upgrade will be required.