cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jobs Not Running in Prime 2.2

Brian Saunders
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any issues when they attempt to run or schedule a CLI template job to a group of devices?  Mine never deploy and just stay in a scheduled state.  It's been like this since upgrading to 2.2.  The job will only run if I reboot the prime server or start & stop the NCS services.  So far Cisco TAC hasn't been able to provide any insights.  It's likely they'll recommend a full reinstall.

Brian

22 Replies 22

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Have you installed the 2.2.1 patch?

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286236028&softwareid=284272933&release=2.2.1&flowid=72882

Yes, that was the recommendation of the Cisco TAC Engineer but it didn't make a difference. Pretty frustrating to have to reboot Prime every time we want to deploy a configuration change to our devices. 

Can you provide a show version?

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut24673

There is a patch for this.

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 2.3
ADE-OS Build Version: 2.3.0.101-root
ADE-OS System Architecture: x86_64

Copyright (c) 2005-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Hostname: pdciscoprime001

Version information of installed applications
---------------------------------------------

Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Version : 2.2.0
Build : 2.2.0.0.158
Installed Updates:
Critical Fixes:
        PI 2.2.1 POODLE Fix ( 1.0.0 )
        PI 2.2.1 Maintenance Release ( 1.0.0 )
Installed Updates:
Device Support:
        Prime Infrastructure 2.2 Device Pack 3 ( 3.0 )

No, its not publicly available. Best bet is to open a case and reference the Bug ID.

Hi,

I have a issue like Brian but with Configuration Archive Jobs... When I want start a configuration archive job "now", the jobs goes in state "schedule" and it will be run a few hours later... If I schedule a job at a fixed time, it will be execute at a random time, never the same...

In fact, the Configuration Archive Jobs are never execute a the good time...

I also have Prime Infrastructure build 2.2.0.0.158 with patchs:

Critical Fixes:
        PI 2.2.1 POODLE Fix ( 1.0.0 )
        PI 2.2.1 Maintenance Release ( 1.0.0 )

Any idea ?

thanks for your help

Sam

Hi,

rebooting prime is a workaround for this issue - see https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12486326/pi22-jobs-not-starting

Yes, rebooting will temporarily fix the problem but I've had it reoccur within an hour of rebooting.  Considering a reboot takes about 20 mins or so for the services to start / stop it's definitely not ideal.  I still have an open ticket with Cisco TAC.  When I get word on their fix I will post here.

Hi

You would be hitting the bug: https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuu34991.

Please have TAC engineer to validate this on your case and apply the work around.

This would be fixed in PI 2.2.3 version.

thank you.

Regards,

Govardhan

Hi

thank you Govardhan & Daniel for your reply ...

I will contact the TAC to obtain this patch...

Have a good day

Sam

I also had this bug.  I called TAC and they patched it up fine.  There is a script they have to download and run to clean up some DB table entries among other things.  Painless and now my Prime works fine again:  jobs run as expected, and I see all the information on my dash.

Is that patch available for download?  Can't seem to find it.

Brian Saunders
Level 1
Level 1

Been working with Cisco TAC on this one and it's been identified as a bug and they're working on a fix.

Hi Brian,

do you have any news from TAC about this bug ?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: