Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.2: restorebackup.pl never seems to work

marcjone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I am investigating Disaster Recovery procedures for CiscoWorks

I have tried using the restorebackup.pl script several times but I have never actually seen it run successfully

I was wondering if anyone has had much experience of using this command and whether there are some pitfalls which I need to be aware of

For example, I tried to restore a backup from a production machine to a test machine and this failed. There were some minor differences in the build, so I am hoping that this would explain the failure ...

Although, I used the -FORCE argument for the command the script ran for a while and then failed, stating that it had 'exited unexpectedley'

I am also going to try restoring a backup to a rebuilt machine (which will have the same build as was running when the last backup was made) but I am not confident that the restorebackup.pl script will run successfully

If this were to fail; has anyone ever tried copying over the entire CSCOpx directory to another machine ... Could this work ?

Otherwise, I am thinking that I may just have to consider doing a .csv import instead

If anyone has any thoughts on the above I'd be interested to hear them

Many thanks for any help

Kind regards

Marcus Jones

2 Replies 2

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Hello Marcus,

Copying the CSCOpx over won't work on Solaris, as there is reference in the database to the /var/adm/CSCOpx as well.

csv will migrate the RME information only.

Hi Nadim

Many thanks for your help

I'm running on Windows unfortunately :(

So it looks like I'm hitting the following bug:

CSCec01327 - Restore:RWAN1.3: restorebackup fails when migrating data to other server

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCec01327

I'm going to try applying Common Services Service Pack 3 on the box which I'm trying to restore to. I'm not confident it will work though as I know that the box which created the backups did not have the patch for this bug ...

Kind regards

Marcus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: