cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5 User Tracking not handling 1900 series switches

rgomes
Level 1
Level 1

I have just installed LMS 2.5 with all updates so far. User tracking can discover users in all switches except on the six 1900 series. Among the others switches are 3560, 3750, 5000, and 2900.

The 1900s run Catalyst Enterprise Ed V9.00.06 or V9.00.04. The 1900 switches are all being seen by the Campus Manager and RME.

4 Replies 4

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

The Cat 1900's handle vlan (community string) indexing a little differently than the other device types.

Do you happen to have any digits (numbers) in the community strings on the switches?

No at all. I am using plain "public" for the read community. Under LMS 2.2 I have no problems. I took a look at the supported devices list for CM4.0 and the 1900 is there, including the User Tracking feature. On the RME 4.0 lists the 1900 was dropped. RME by the way is unable contact the devices. The check device credentials fails for communities, telnet and enable. The telnet connection with these devices is tricky, because you have to choose between menus or CLI. I could not find how to taylor the RME login on LMS 2.5.

I have same problem because we still have about 10 1900 sw in our network but RME is not supporting and cisco told us that a IDU is coming in this month for this problem.

Hi,

you are running into bug CSCsb37556. I have installed the patch for this bug. Now usertracking works fine for cat1900.

andré

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: