cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5 - Where have "Network Show Commands" gone?

grim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In LMS 2.2 there was a facility called "Network Show Commands" located at RME -> Configuration Management -> Network Show Commands -> Immediate Execution.

Does anyone know where this feature is in LMS 2.5? Has it disappeared / changed?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

grim
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, time to answer my own question :|

Looks like similar functionality is provided via RME -> Config Mgmt -> NetConfig -> User-defined tasks. Use this to create a job definition (can be enable mode commands) and then schedule it to run once / periodically via RME -> Config Mgmt -> NetConfig -> NetConfig Jobs.

Hope it saves you a couple of hours ;)

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

There will be an add-on to RME 4.0 that will come out in June (downloadable from Cisco.com). It will provide Network Show command functionality,

Thanks for the reply.

The NetConfig application actually does what I want - ie allows users to run exec commands and view the output. However, it has a serious downside that only the creator and members of the Network Administrators group can view the job output.

If it was possible to allow users of the Network Operators group the view the output it would be ideal.

Is the intended functionality in the June update going to do any more than the NetConfig job currently does?

Can I read about it anywhere?

Thanks.

The June update is supposed to restore the Network Show functionality as it was in RME 3.5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: