Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 - OSPF Flood War not generating alert

tadams7541
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We recently had a couple routers in an OSPF Flood War, and though a log was generated, LMS never recieved an alert in DFM for this. I would imagine that this would be something that LMS would see since it is a pretty major event. Is there any reason that it wouldn't have? Also is there a way for me to specify that I want to see an alert for this type of issue? Thanks so much for the help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, DFM doesn't handle any OSPF traps.  If the device sent syslog messages, then RME should have received them, and you should see them in the RME Syslog Standard Report.

DFM would have reported an event/alert if one of the devices had become unreachable, had high CPU, or saw high interface utilization.  It may not have been obvious this was due to OSPF from within DFM, though.

If you are seeing the syslogs in RME, you can configure a syslog Automated Action to alert you (e.g. via email) when this happens in the future.  Syslog Automated Actions can be configured under RME > Tools > Syslog > Automated Actions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, DFM doesn't handle any OSPF traps.  If the device sent syslog messages, then RME should have received them, and you should see them in the RME Syslog Standard Report.

DFM would have reported an event/alert if one of the devices had become unreachable, had high CPU, or saw high interface utilization.  It may not have been obvious this was due to OSPF from within DFM, though.

If you are seeing the syslogs in RME, you can configure a syslog Automated Action to alert you (e.g. via email) when this happens in the future.  Syslog Automated Actions can be configured under RME > Tools > Syslog > Automated Actions.