Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 - Pop up showing licence message when starting a module

cmadrolle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Running LMS 2.6 on a windows server.

I have a Pop Up showing the following message when I launch a module (CS, CM, RME,...)

“This software is provided for demonstration purpose only and is not licensed for resale or commercial use.”

The licence file is configured in CS and seems working well instead of this message wich is boring...

Do you know how to get rid of this ? any script to launch or someting ?

Thanks,

Cedric.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like you have an SE license which is not legal. These license should only be used for Cisco-internal demos. You will need to purchase an LMS 2.6 license. Your sales team/SE should be able to help you with this.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I don't think this is a SE Licence. This is one of our customers and when I look in CS > admin > licencing, The licence file .lic is taken into account and in the column 'expiration', it's writtent 'Never'so this would be a little weird for demonstration licence.

I tried to re-import the .lic file but nothing have changed.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I don't think this is a SE Licence. This is one of our customers and when I look in CS > admin > licencing, The licence file .lic is taken into account and in the column 'expiration', it's writtent 'Never'so this would be a little weird for demonstration licence.

I tried to re-import the .lic file but nothing have changed.

Thanks for your help.

The SE demo license for LMS 2.6 never expires. It does not mean that this is a valid license to be giving to customers. This is definitely an SE license. Each nag message is unique, and the message you are seeing indicates an SE license. The regular eval message would be:

MESSAGE: This software is provided for evaluation purposes only and will be operational for 90 days.

Your customer must purchase a real license.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: