cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 upgrade to 4.0

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

We have an existing install of LMS2.6 and we recently purchased the upgrade to 4.0.

I would like to do a clean install rather than upgrade over the existing problems we currently have with the old version.

Can a clean install be done with only the 4.0 software we currently have, or does it have to be installed over 2.6?

I cannot find the existing 2.6 software that was originally installed.

5 Replies 5

Svetlana Radzevich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

LMS 4.0 SHOULD be installed on the clean server. So even if you have any previous LMS version you should uninstall it and clean your server. After the installation, you could restore the backup of your data if needed.

...and if you are on windows it would be good to read the following document from joe clarke  "Tips For a Successful Installation of LMS on Windows" before starting the installation:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9132

Thanks,

So I do not need the 2.6 software even though I have the upgrade license?

Here is what we have:

Product Name : L-CWLMS-4.0-300UP

Product Description : Upg LIC for LMS 2.x,3.x to 4.0 300 Devices, Base Kit Req

Product Qty : 1

Also, What are the VM specs needed for virtual installation (RAM, processor)?

Thanks I have seen the Joe Clark doc.

Server requirements - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps11200/ps11202/data_sheet_c78-610760.html

>So I do not need the 2.6 software even though I have the upgrade license?

Interesting question. Never tried such scenario. Anyway if you need installation CDs for 2.6, your account team should be able to ship them.

No, you do not need the installation CDs; I just updated an LMS 4.0 with an upgrade license. It was running with an eval license and it is now running as a permanent licensed installation. I was not asked for a running LMS 3.x or LMS 2.x installation or for any older installation CD/DVD.