Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 Problem with Topology Services

AECOMpete_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running LMS 3.0 with CM 5.0 on a single Solaris box. Recently I've been unable to open topology services. I get an error "cannot connect to ANI server". I've confirmed that the ANIServer6.0 is running (it says "Running with busy flag set"). I've also tried restarting the Daemon Manager. It's helped in the past, but not this time... What else should I look at?

Thanks,

Pete

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log. Was the hostname or IP address changed on this server after LMS was installed? Verify you can telnet from your client to TCP ports 1683, 1684, and 8088. If not, then you have a firewall or access-list blocking that communication, and you need to allow those ports.

Hi Joe,

What is the location of the stdout.log for Solaris? The name hasn't changed. These ports should be open on the server not the client correct?

Thanks

As I said, NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log. NMSROOT on Solaris is /opt/CSCOpx. The TCP ports are bound by the RmeGatekeeper daemon on the server, but the client must be able to reach them. Therefore, if you cannot telnet to these ports from the client (e.g. telnet SERVER 1683) then Topology Services will not work.

stdout.log is attached

I don't see any errors that would point to a problem with ANIServer. Therefore, I suspect a client/server communication problem. Were you able to verify all three ports can be reached from the client?

I've tried several clients and I'm unable to connect to those ports

First check from the server itself. From a shell on the server, try connecting to the same IP address you used on your client (e.g. telnet IP 1683).

If that works, then you have a firewall or ACL blocking client access to those ports. You should check to see if you're running ipfilter (if this is Solaris 10). If so, open those ports. If not, then you'll have to work your way through the network to see where those ports are being blocked.

If you get a Connection refused error from the server itself, then there is a problem with the RmeGatekeeper process. Post the /opt/CSCOpx/lib/vbroker/gatekeeper.cfg file, and the daemons.log file.

Once the clients are able to connect to them, Topology Services should work.

Thanks for the help Joe. It turned out to be ipfilter. I've reconfigured/reloaded and Topology Services is working.

would these be the same ports to try for LMS 3.1?

No, LMS 3.1 uses tcp/42342 and tcp/43242.

I don't see either of these ports in /etc/services, should they be there?

No.

I am unable to telnet to these ports, any suggestion you could give as to how to enable a port without using /etc/services? I'm running Solaris 9.

The ports should already have listeners bound to them. You don't need an entry in /etc/services to listen to a port. I suggest you start a new thread for your problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: