Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 RME Device Update Failed - Consitency Check failed for base Package

bobby.limitra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having issue with Ciscoworks LMS 3.0

I installed Ciscoworks LMS 3.0 on Windows Server 2003 (64 Bit). After the instalation i installed the LMS Update december 2007.

I'm having problem with RME when doing archive config for the following device: WS-C2960-24PC-L which result

in the following error:

CM0056 Config fetch failed for pst-accs-l01-02 Cause: CM0204 Could not create DeviceContext for 53

Cause: CM0206 Could not get the config transport implementation for 10.1.2.13 Cause: UNKNOWN Action:

Check if required device packages are available in RME. Action: Check if protocol is supported by

device and required device package is installed.

After seeing the error, i tried to do device update for RME (from common services) for cat2960 package

(from 4.1 to 4.5) which again result in another error. Here is the error:

WARNING: SharedInventoryCatIOS(2.1.4): Consistentcy check failed for base package LibCommon

WARNING: LibInventory(2.2.11): Consistency check failed for base package LibCommon

WARNING: SharedSwimOS(2.4.11): Consistency check failed for base package SharedDcmalOS

WARNING: SharedDcmalOS(2.1.8): Consistency check failed for base package LibCommon

WARNING: Cat2960(4.5): Consisteny check failed for base package SharedSwim2900XL

On device center the WS-C2960-24PC-L also not known (shown with question mark icon, and device type

unknown).

How should i resolve this problem?

Thanx.

Bobby L

8 Replies 8

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The problem was dragged from the install.  The RME package repository is corrupted.  You need to set the environmental variables to short values to avoid corruption in the packages.  There are two ways to go here:

1. Contact TAC to provide you a healthy package repository.  This will probably fix the package issues in RME.

2. Re-install following correct steps documented here.

Since this is a new install, I would prefer step 2, as there might be other problems encountered down the road due to a faulty installation.  Better to play it safe.  Would be a good idea as well to contact TAC for the cleanup script.

You can now open a TAC case directly from here using the Open Service Request link in the Actions panel.  This will open the SR adding the contexts of this discussion.

Thanx for your suggestion Joel, but i have already followed the step for successful instalation of LMS on Windows. Still it result with the same error above. I have contacted TAC and i'm waiting for TAC Engineer reply now.

Hello Bob,

Is there any suggestion from TAC. Did you resolved your problem, cause we have got the same one. We have done clean install (plus december 2007 update) according to instructions and no help either.

When installing libimventory, We always get LibInventory(2.2.11):Consistency check failed for base package LibCommon ...

Thanks in advance!

Hi, radenko. So far... i have not yet resolved this issue. Yes, there are some suggestions from TAC, but still cannot resolved the issue. Here is the steps that TAC gave me:

According to the TAC engineer, From my psu.log, it seems the device package maps are corrupted

Here is the action plan to recreate the package maps

1) Delete the following .map files :

\CSCOpx\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\maps\rme\rmeDeviceMap.map

\CSCOpx\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\maps\rme\rmePackageMap.map

2) Then re-run the workaround procedure for CSCsj58812 <http://wwwin-metrics.cisco.com/cgi-bin/ddtsdisp.cgi?id=CSCsj58812> :

- restart the CiscoWorks daemons - net stop crmdmgtd , net start crmdmgtd

- have each of the below on a separate line (three lines in total).

(i) set NMSROOT=%CWMIBDIR%\..\..\..

(ii) %NMSROOT%\lib\jre\bin\java -classpath %NMSROOT%\lib\jre\lib;%NMSROOT%\lib\classpath;%NMSROOT%\objects\log4j\1.1.3\

log4j.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\MICE.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shar

ed\lib\NATIVE.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\jdom.jar;%NMSROOT%\www\cla

sspath;%NMSROOT%\lib\classpath\servlet.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\webapps\cwhp

\WEB-INF\classes com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.map.CreateMaps

%NMSROOT%\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\pkgs\rme

(iii) %NMSROOT%\lib\jre\bin\java -classpath %NMSROOT%\lib\jre\lib;%NMSROOT%\lib\classpath;%NMSROOT%\objects\log4j\1.1.3\

log4j.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\MICE.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shar

ed\lib\NATIVE.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\jdom.jar;%NMSROOT%\www\cla

sspath;%NMSROOT%\lib\classpath\servlet.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\webapps\cwhp

\WEB-INF\classes com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.map.CreateMaps

%NMSROOT%\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\pkgs\cvw

NOTE:

Getting the 'log4j' type errors are ok. These can be ignored as they just mean that the system can't log the files, however they will appear fine in stdout.log. If there are any other error message types not involving 'log4j', please send me the full error.

Well the step above is not working for me, maybe you can try to check if it is working in your case.

Since LMS 3.0 is fairly old, you should download lms 3.2 which is free and use your existing license for the upgrade.

https://cisco.mediuscorp.com/market/networkers/productView.se.work?/nxt/rcrs/proieidentity/=17651

Thank you very much for advice Nael!

Best regards!

radenko

Hi Nael, actually your suggestion is the same as the TAC Engineer. After doing webex session and the error still cannot be resolved, in the end we agree to reinstall using LMS 3.2 and use the existing license. I will try to install LMS 3.2 tomorrow.

Thank you very very much for your response!

We have tryed mentioned steps, but no luck. Still got the same error.

We have installed LMS3.0 on physical win2k3 std machine and there was no any problem with LMS30, but that was no point cause we actualy want to virtualize LMS at the customer site.

Kind regards!

radenko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: