Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 - ANIServer Failed to Run

lm_esrome
Level 1
Level 1

HI All,

We are using LMS 3.1 and it was working fine . Suddenly ANI Server is failing to run as below.

ANIServerFailed to run0-11073741823N/A9/29/2011 2:02:57 PM

Thought of re intialising ANI database , but still it is not working  . pls assist to solve this issue.

pls find  ani.log & ANIServer.log as attached.

Regards,

Esrome

6 Replies 6

Svetlana Radzevich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please check https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3437996#3437996 the same should fix your problem.

Svetlana

Thanks Svetlana..! i tried this solution, but no luck . Please find ANIServer.properties.orig and ANIServer.properties files after Step 4 :  as attached .

Also , pls find ani.log and ANIServer.log as attached.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Esrome

ANIServer.properties is corrupted! You do not have a new line after DEVICESROOT= and  DEVICESPACKAGE. This confused ANIServer.

Please only specify value for DEVICESROOT in the ANIServer.properties.orig - you should not delete or enter any new line symbols.

Svetlana

Please find output as below.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ASTDOMAIN>pdshow ANIServer
        Process= ANIServer
        State  = Failed to run
        Pid    = 0
        RC     = -2
        Signo  = 1073741822
        Start  = N/A
        Stop   = 9/29/2011 4:00:50 PM
        Core   = Not applicable
        Info   = Application failed or was registered incorrectly.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ASTDOMAIN>

ANIServer.properties is corrupted! You do not have a new line after  DEVICESROOT= and  DEVICESPACKAGE. This confused ANIServer.

Please  only specify value for DEVICESROOT in the ANIServer.properties.orig -  you should not delete or enter any new line symbols.

Svetlana

Hi ,

In ANIServer.properties.orig file  I am just replacing " DEVICESROOT=." with "DEVICESROOT=C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\\campus\\lib\\classpath"  . Please find original ANIServer.properties.orig and ANIServer.properties as attached..

Even i tried ,  DEVICESROOT= and  DEVICESPACKAGE in the same line . but no luck .

If you have any working ANIServer.properties file means ,can you please share it with me ,

Regards,

Esrome