cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1->DFM upgraded to 3.1.3

troymaki
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded DFM to 3.1.3. When I look at the DFM portal page, the DFM Device Status says "Cannot retrieve Device Summary. Please see the DeviceManagement.log file for more information" I have looked at the log but I have no idea what it means. Please see the attachment.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Like I said, it may have been a timing issue. The daemons can take up to 30 minutes to fully initialize. Logging in to LMS before that can cause weird behavior.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There appears to be a process problem. Please post the output of the pdshow command.

Joe,

Here is the output of pdshow.

Thanks, Troy

This looks fine. Post the NMSROOT/log/dfmLogs/TIS/TISServer.log.

Here are the entries from today in TISServer.log. The rest of the info in the log is from months ago. If you want the whole thing, let me know.

15-Apr-2009|02:00:04.171|ERROR|TISServer|Thread-7|{TISDeviceOperationImpl}||.|Another bulk rediscover with id:6056 is already started in less than the required gap:5 mins

15-Apr-2009|09:13:20.851|ERROR|TISServer|main|{TISSchemaManager}||.|Auto mode value is true

15-Apr-2009|09:40:39.543|ERROR|TISServer|main|{TISSchemaManager}||.|Auto mode value is true

15-Apr-2009|09:56:15.563|ERROR|TISServer|main|{TISSchemaManager}||.|Auto mode value is true

Is the problem still occurring now? It looks like things have settled.

Still showing the same thing on the DFM page. Please see the attachment.

Can you launch DFM > Device Management > Discovery Status?

Yes, it opens fine and shows the Last Discovered time of 15-Apr-2009 02:02:xx for all the devices except two 4402's that show up as Unknown and always have because they aren't supported.

Then this just may be a sync problem with the portal. Try removing and re-adding that portlet.

Ok, I just logged with the SIU account and it looks fine. Maybe something happened with ACS integration when I did the upgrade?.? Should I re-register apps with ACS?

This should not be necessary. I would go back through ACS, though, and verify your user has all of the required permissions, and access to all of the required devices.

Went through ACS and everything looks good. Now, I've had the DFM portal open for the last 30 minutes and the Device status just started working. So I guess it's good to go.

Like I said, it may have been a timing issue. The daemons can take up to 30 minutes to fully initialize. Logging in to LMS before that can cause weird behavior.

Joe,

Here is the output of pdshow.

Thanks, Troy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco