Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 and ACE30 archive via SSH Fails

eweralan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I am running into this problem as follows:

when the device is added to LMS 3.2 all is well but it never gets to archive the running/startup config. Only SSH is enabled on the ACE module.

The error is as follows:

Cause: send() called with SSH packets in the buffer.

Any Idea's ?

RME is Ver 4.3.1

CS is Ver 3.3.0

Regds

Alan 

8 Replies 8

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Kindly run the new credentials verification job for this device and share the results.

what version of ssh your are running on device.

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi Gaganjeet.

I am running Version 2 SSH on the device.

Here is the result of the "Management Station to device -> SSH"

The result is "OK"

??

Regds Alan

Hi Alan,

You need to run the credentials verification job from the RME > Device management > Device Credentials verification job > Create .

Also since you have LMS 3.2 running, its worthwhile to look at this bug as well that was filed for the Config Archive operation may lock up :-

CSCtg43962

Configuration Management operations

such as configuration fetch or netconfig deployment fail to complete. Trying to perform additional operations after this failure do not work.

Only after ConfigMgmtServer is restarted do certain configuration management operations work again.

If you will upgrade to LMS 3.2 SP, more of such issues are fixed.

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi Gaganjeet.

The result of the

RME > Device management > Device Credentials verification job > Create  job is that it comes back with nothing in the SSH column and "did not try" in the SSH enable column

??

Also I am pretty sure I am running LMS 3.2 SP1, but I am unsure here is the output of the software version :

Product Name    Version With Patch Level   Installed Date 

1.  Campus Manager                5.2.1      05 Nov 2010, 12:28:42 EST

2.  CiscoView                            6.1.9      03 Nov 2010, 10:11:14 EST

3.  CiscoWorks Assistant           1.2.0      03 Nov 2010, 10:11:14 EST

4.  CiscoWorks Common Services 3.3.0           03 Nov 2010, 10:11:13 EST

5.  Device Fault Manager           3.2.0           03 Nov 2010, 10:11:14 EST

6.  Health and Utilization Monitor 1.2.1      05 Nov 2010, 12:51:52 EST

7.  Integration Utility                     1.9.0      03 Nov 2010, 10:11:15 EST

8.  Internetwork Performance Monitor 4.2.0      03 Nov 2010, 10:11:15 EST

9.  LMS Portal                               1.2.0      03 Nov 2010, 10:11:15 EST

10.  Resource Manager Essentials 4.3.1      05 Nov 2010, 12:40:21 EST

I can log in using the same credentials as I am using on the RME-Credential Verification Job if I use my PC ?

Any help appreciated ?

Regds

Alan

Hi Alan,

So the version that you had mentioned that means you are running LMS 3.2 and you can update to LMS 3.2 SP which is recommended as well.

Secondly, kindly share the screenshot while logging to the device so that i can see how the prompt do appear.

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi Alan,

You can download LMS 3.2 Sp from the below location and upgrade your CiscoWorks accordingly.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/type.html?mdfid=282635181&flowid=16561&softwareid=280775102

Note :- To be on safer side, kindly take the backup of your CiscoWorks from Common Services > home .

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi Gaganjeet:

Here is the output of the login process execute manually via putty:

===========================================================

login as: xxxxxx

Server refused our key

Using keyboard-interactive authentication.

Password:

========================================================

I am downloading and installing LMS3.2.1 now so will update again shortly ?

Regds

Hi Garangeet,

I have re-tested the scenario and it still fails (it seems) it reports as partially successful but the error indicates differently:

here is the resultant output from the RME->Jobs

Device:                ace302                    Status:                 Partially Successful
*** Device Details for                           ace302                          ***
Protocol ==>                           Unknown / Not Applicable
Selected Protocols with order ==>                                                                                     SSH
Execution Result:
CM0062 Polling ace302 for changes to configuration.
CM00 Polling not supported on PRIMARY STARTUP config, defaulting to fetch.
CM00 Polling not supported on PRIMARY RUNNING config, defaulting to fetch.
STARTUP
CM0151 PRIMARY STARTUP Config  fetch failed for ace302 Cause: SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection  to ace302.router.uq.edu.au - Cause: send() called with SSH packets in the buffer.
Action: Check if protocol is  supported by device and required device package is installed. Check  device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.
RUNNING
CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING Config  fetch failed for ace302 Cause: SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection  to ace302.router.uq.edu.au - Cause: send() called with SSH packets in the buffer.
Action: Check if protocol is  supported by device and required device package is installed. Check  device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

Increase timeout value, if required.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco