Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 , Cisco VSS

alkabeer80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have new cisco two 6500 switches which i configured with VSS, i have upgrade the lms 3.2 RME 4.3.1, CM 5.2.1, CS 3.3.0

i cant see this VSS in RME or CM or CS

when i try to add it again it says its already there, when i search for it, it says there is no entry.

How can i manage it ???

thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

This happens when you have device configured in the ACS and LMS but either in LMS or ACS, device dont have same host name and ip address.

To get this issue fixed, you need to make sure that device in LMS and ACS must be added with the same host name and ip address

Now, at the moment, you might be able to see the device details in ACS for the hostname and ip address but you wont be able to check the same in LMS device is not visible.

So, when you click on the device not configured in ACS list on Common Services portal, you will be able to see how the device added i.e it will show you what is the hostname and ip address configured for this device in LMS.

Just make it exactly same in the ACS and then try to login back again to LMS , you should be able to see it.

Also, if you will break the integration with ACS, you will be able to see this easily and in case you want to change ip address or hostname in LMS for this device, now you will be able to do it.

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Kindly have a look at this doc link which suggest how to manage VSS conversion in RME :-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_resource_manager_essentials/4.3/user/guide/vsl.html

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

hi,

i have another VSS working fine, the only problem is that i cant c the switch or i cant delete it as well from CS or RME

alkabeer80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Any Help ???????

thanks

Hi,

Is LMS integrated with ACS too ?

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

hi Gaganjeet,

yes LMS is intigrated with ACS V4.0

thanks

Hi,

If its integratd with ACS, kindly check if you are able to see it under --> Common Services > Home > Devices not configured in  ACS list.

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi Gaganjeet,

Yes it is there "Devices not configured in ACS list"

but i can login to the device using ACS credentials (this is 6500 cisco switch VSS)

thanks

Hi,

This happens when you have device configured in the ACS and LMS but either in LMS or ACS, device dont have same host name and ip address.

To get this issue fixed, you need to make sure that device in LMS and ACS must be added with the same host name and ip address

Now, at the moment, you might be able to see the device details in ACS for the hostname and ip address but you wont be able to check the same in LMS device is not visible.

So, when you click on the device not configured in ACS list on Common Services portal, you will be able to see how the device added i.e it will show you what is the hostname and ip address configured for this device in LMS.

Just make it exactly same in the ACS and then try to login back again to LMS , you should be able to see it.

Also, if you will break the integration with ACS, you will be able to see this easily and in case you want to change ip address or hostname in LMS for this device, now you will be able to do it.

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet