Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 common services error

Hi all,

I am facing a problem with my LMS 3.2 server. Suddenly I found there is no device reflecing in common services-> device management as well as RME also. I restarted LMS services, server multiple time, reseted casuser, demoted the server from ACS mode to local mode but no luck. However in "dcrcli" i can see all devices and exported all devices to CSV file.

After this I restored from a backup 3 month old when devices were reflecting under common server and RME device management. this also not resolved the problem.

I uninstalled LMS, performed system cleaning and reinstalled LMS 3.2. Then I imported the devices from CSV file i had. Now also the problem not got resolved . I can see devices in dcrcli but none of the device is reflecting under device management of any module.

In Dcmaservice.log i found the error" ERROR,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.config.netshow.server.admin.NSCommandSetManager,getAllCommandSet,8661,Invalid MDF data file:D:/CSCOpx/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cwcs/mdf/mdfdata.xml"

Hence I restored teh mdfdata.xml file from another server. However now i can see the following errors

1) in common service -> software center -> device updae -> device count are 0 for all module

2) no device is reflecting under any module

3) one progress i saw when tring to add any device if selecting device type, it is showing me the list of device type along with OID. before restoring mdfdata.xml it was also not comming.

Please help me to resolve this.

4 Replies 4

Can anyone please help me?

what I do not understand in detail is

"I uninstalled LMS, performed system cleaning and reinstalled LMS 3.2. Then I imported the devices from CSV file i had. Now also the problem not got resolved . I can see devices in dcrcli but none of the device is reflecting under device management of any module."

Is it correct, that you made a fresh install of LMS and you just imported your devices from a csv file and they do not show up in CS > Device and Credentials > Device Management? or you cannot see them in other applications like RME, CM etc?

Hi Martin,

Yes you are correct. I did the fresh installation. Imported all devices from the CSV file. However

1) none of these device is showing up in CS>device & credential >device manag

2) Also none of these device are showing up in any other module

3) In Dcrcli i can see al the devices are there

4) for testing I added few device manually. Those are also not showing in any module.

Just to inform all the modules are configured with Auto mode along with manage all devices in Auto Allocation settings under device management.

Thanks & Regards,

Satya

if the errors shown in dcmaservice.log belongs to this fresh installation, I would assume that your installation went wrong in the first step.
Can you post the installation log from this installation along with the log of the LMS 3.2.1 installation -if you have installed it also (located in C:\);
Please provide the output of the following DOS commands also:
    set
    systeminfo
when dmgtd is running
    netstat -nabo
when dmgtd is stopped
    netstat -nabo

Does this server belongs to a domain?
What other sofware is running on this server (Backup-SW, Anit-Virus,other management tools)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: