Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 Config Editor : Config deployment is Not Attempted

adery6300
Level 1
Level 1

Hello gurus,

Using config editor in LMS 3.2, I'm trying to deploy a config, that was previously saved to the "public configs", to a device (overwrite to startup-config).

The job ends "Successfully", but looking at the detail, the deployment was "Not Attempted". Last time I used this function, I was running LMS 3.1, but we've since migrated to 3.2 it doesn't seem to work.

What logs can I look at to find out why the deployment was "Not Attempted" ?

Many thanks,

Alex.

4 Replies 4

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Can you do the following?

Please enable DEBUG for these modules

Step 1: RME -> Admin -> System Preferences -> Loglevel settings

• Config Editor
  • Config Job
  • NetConfig

Step 2: Attach these logs:

• CSCOpx/log/CfgEdit.log
  • CSCOpx/log/dcmaservice.log
  • CSCOpx/log/dcmaclient.log
  • CSCOpx/files/rme/jobs/ConfigEditorJob/
  • CSCOpx/files/rme/jobs/NetConfigJob/

And include a screenshot as well and attach the logs from above steps.

Hello Nael,

Thank you for your quick answer. My coworker followed the steps you provided, and I've attached the resulting logs and screenshots (in the Word document, inside the zip file).

Thanks for the help!

Alex.

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks for the logs, let me look through it. In the mean time, I will remove the attachment since I noticed it contained your config.

Not attempted and no commands to deploy simply means the commands don't apply to that device you have selected. While looking at your logs, I noticed that you do get some that are successful, failed, and not attempted.  This is an expected message, if the command does not apply to the device or is not correct, the not attempted message will appear.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco