cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 Discovery Filter Issue

phil.wightman
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to configure a discovery filter to exclude my Access Points. The filter looks correct and I finish the configuration. When I run the discovery it stills discovers the Access Points! How can I get the filter to work properly?

I have attached the CSDiscovery-config.xml for review.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Phil,

Kindly make the same changes in the Schedule discovery jobs as well since the schedule discovery job setting is seperate from Ad hoc discovery.

You can view them at Common Services > Device Discovery > Discovery Schedule > select id and edit settings.

I hope after making changes in schedule discovery jobs, it exclude the excess points you wish to exclude.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Thank you very much for the response Gaganjeet.

As you suggested, I made the same changes in the Scheduled discovery job. Saved it. I rescheduled to run today. It ran but is still discovering the Access Points. It is listing them as unreachable (it lists them as unreachable if I run the discovery manually as well.)

Anything else I can provide to help narrow the issue?

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phil,

in case they are still being discovered by Discovery process that probably we need to look at the debug logs which in this case is ngdiscovery.log at CSCOpx\log location.

Kindly enable the debugging for discovery at Common Services > Device Discovery > Discovery Logging configuration > select all the modules that you have used for discovery along with CSDiscovery Adaptor, Data Collector > Discovery Info, Framework and Util > Apply.

Clear the contents of existing ngdiscovery.log with the command :-

C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\log>logrot_trunc ngdiscovery.log

Run the new Ad hoc discovery and send me the ngdiscovery.log.

Thanks

Gaganjeet

Thanks again for the help Gaganjeet.

I have done as asked. I have attached the LOG file to the reply.

FYI - I also stopped and started Ciscoworks before running the discovery again.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Kindly let me know the IP address of the excluded devices as well.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

I set up one of the APs as the Seed Device with a Hop Count of 1. This allows me to make changes and quickly test the discovery.

The AP IP address is 10.104.20.80 - You will see this near the end of the log and is the only device that is discovered.

Thanks!