cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 on VMWare ESxi 4.0

kmong
Level 1
Level 1

I tried installing LMS 3.2 on VMWare ESxi 4.0, Windows Server 2008 w/ SP1. Installation was successful, but I was trying to access the LMS thru webgui (Internet Explorer), I can only see a blank page after logging in.

Will LMS 3.2 work properly when installed on VMWare ESxi 4.0?

4 Replies 4

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Should work fine. OS is OK. ESXi 4.0 is OK.

Did all ciscoworks  services start?

If ciscoworks deamon manager is started try to run a pdshow and post the results here

Cheers,

Michel

Attached is pdshow.

I have encountered this problem before and it was suspected that the cwportal is corrupted. It was resolved when I deleted the files beginning in *portal in NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwportal/db and then replaced it with the files from NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwportal/db/orig folder. I tried doing this procedure again but it didnt work. I can only see a blank page after logging in the webgui.

kmong
Level 1
Level 1

I have also tried installing Mozilla Firefox 3.0 on the vmware but I encounter the same error.

You should not do that like that.

There is a dbRestoreOrig.pl  script you should use for that.

So there are not warnings or errors during install?

Your processes look ok

if the portal is not working try another know url e.g.  http://:1741/cwhp/device.center.do   should give the device center

You may wish to try the portal restore script   RestorePortal.pl

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: