cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 reinstall fails to detect good backup

rgomes
Level 1
Level 1

After a database corruption on RME 4.3.0 on a brand new lms 3.2 installation I removed RME 4.3.0.

The corruption was after some device packages updates.

Started the installation again to just install the RME 4.3.0 but the install proccess makes a backup and says the backup is in error.

The backup log has no errors, see attached backup.log.

On the attached install log look the lines:

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Executing command : Backup for cdone upgrade/reinstall:
C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl.exe -IC:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\objects\perl5\lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\backup.pl C:\LMSBAC~1\AUTOMA~1\CMFBAC~1 C:\LMSBAC~1\AUTOMA~1\CMFBAC~1\backup.log
INFO: Going to execute the command: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl.exe -IC:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\objects\perl5\lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\backup.pl C:\LMSBAC~1\AUTOMA~1\CMFBAC~1 C:\LMSBAC~1\AUTOMA~1\CMFBAC~1\backup.log  > C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\{21857A49-B26C-4D2E-AB34-7F6F68F54E64}\{11B8350D-559C-45BE-8EDC-A7B2DA265F7F}\cmfbackup.out 2> C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\{21857A49-B26C-4D2E-AB34-7F6F68F54E64}\{11B8350D-559C-45BE-8EDC-A7B2DA265F7F}\cmfbackup.err
-----CMF BACKUP OUTPUT
----- CMF BACKUP OUTPUT is empty
ERROR: Cmf Backup Failed.
INFO: Retry backup dialog
******Start of Proceed or Retry or Exit option, if  Backup fails*******
Backup failed. Please look at C:\LMSBAC~1\automaticbackup\cmfbackup\backup.log for the reason for failure

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Now I am removimg all and will reinstall.

I already had this problem on other installation and reinstalled all!!

Does any one knows a solution?

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI ,

You can Installed RME 4.3.0 without the Backup taking place , for that you need to run the Setup from CLI as below :

C:\LMS >setup.exe nobackup

where c:\lms is the drive where you have ciscoworks setup.

I hope this will help you !!!

Thanks--

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks for the good hint.

Unfortnately as I had less time I had removed and reinstalled all.

Now all modules are up and running and discovery is under way.

The next time it happens, and I hope never happens, I will use your advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: