Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 (RME 4.3.1): Two switches are shown as Alias

mwynen
Level 1
Level 1

Hy.

In RME 4.3.1 I have some switches that have different names and different IP addresses. but the LMS shows them as alias devices and wants me to choose one. Why does RME think they are the same device?

We need to manage all of them so I need some how to tell RME that these devices are seperate.

Thanks in advance.

cheers

Marc

BTW: The count of alias devices is higher then the real count of devices he shows. Any idea why?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Marc,

Kindly go to Common Services > Device management > select these one device say hamc2610u0a1 and then click on Device Identity tab and note down the IP address for this device and then do the same for hamc2614u4a2.

Probably both of them added with same IP Address thats why RME showing them alias for each other. To fix it, I will suggest to delete one device from Common Services permanently and then make sure it should not be automatically being discovered by Device Discovery of Common Services.

Thanks

Gaganjeet

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Kindly post screenshot showing alias device for 1 -2 problematic devices.

Thanks

Gaganjeet

Here it is.

The two switchnames you can see, are two different switches that really exist and are located in different segments. Don't know why RME is the opinion that these are the same device.

cheers

Marc

Hi Marc,

Kindly go to Common Services > Device management > select these one device say hamc2610u0a1 and then click on Device Identity tab and note down the IP address for this device and then do the same for hamc2614u4a2.

Probably both of them added with same IP Address thats why RME showing them alias for each other. To fix it, I will suggest to delete one device from Common Services permanently and then make sure it should not be automatically being discovered by Device Discovery of Common Services.

Thanks

Gaganjeet

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: