Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 RME Device Update failed

Hello experts,

I got a new error on my LMS 3.2 with RME 4.3.1

I can´t install any of the RME Device updates.

e.g. : "Installation failed for product [Resource Manager Essentials] with message : com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.InstallerException: Repository in use. Another Package Support Updater client session may be modifying device support."

I looked up for a .lock file in my CW dir but there is no one.

NMSROOT/Psu.Lock and NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/Psu.Lock does not exist.

There are no other .lock files in the CW dir and subdirs.

I attatched a psu.log file. Maybe u will see the failure.

What I tried:

- Restart daemon

- install from cisco.com

- install from local dir

... everytime the package installation failed.

Bye,

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your package repository has been corrupted.  TAC can provide a procedure to recover from this corruption.  The following DOC indicates why this can happen and has suggestions on how to avoid these problems from re-occuring.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post your rme*.map files under NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/maps/.

Hey Joel,

here they are.

Bye,

Patrick

Your package repository has been corrupted.  TAC can provide a procedure to recover from this corruption.  The following DOC indicates why this can happen and has suggestions on how to avoid these problems from re-occuring.

Hey,

thx for your answer.

I will try to find someone who could open a TAC  for me cause I don´t have access to it =/ .

Could I copy those two files from a Server with a clean installation to my Server? That would be much easier for me.

Bye,

Patrick

You will need an identical server (RME 4.3.1) with an updated/healthy package repository.  If you have that, you can follow these steps to regenerate maps:

1. Shutdown daemons:

net stop crmdmgtd

2. On the bad server, delete all .zip files under the two RME package repositories:

NMSROOT\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\pkgs\rme

NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\pkgs

3. Copy all of the packages under one of the above locations on the good server to both of these locations on the bad server.

4. Delete your bad rme*.map files under NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/maps/ and replace them with the good ones.

5. Restart daemons:

net start crmdmgtd
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: