Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 vlan configuration

MathieuJM_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have some port to configure to have a vlan + a voice vlan. How can i do that using LMS 3.2 ?

I have check the vlan port assignement but i haven't seen a option to define 2 vlan.

typically our port are configure like this one

interface FastEthernet0/1/1
switchport access vlan 2
switchport voice vlan 100
macro description cisco-phone | cisco-phone
spanning-tree portfast

and i wish to use LMS to configure new port.

Cheers

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use Netconfig in RME to do what you want.  RME 4.3 has port-based Netconfig functionality which will greatly facilitate what you want to do.  Just create a new Netconfig port-based job, and create a new Adhoc task to specify the configuration you require.

Is there really no way to do it using a GUI ?

How should i simply wish interface i wish to configure ?

Netconfig is all GUI-based.  I don't understand the question.

What i mean is that can i have a gui that let me choose which vlan

i wish to add to port ?

we have different voice vlan and different data vlan, can i have a gui that let me choose one of the data vlan and optionnaly a voice vlan ?

i don't understand how to do that

This feature is not available on Campus yet, and there isn't another GUI in LMS which will provide this.  I have opened a feature request, CSCtf51757, but you should talk to your account team to get them to push things from the business side as well.

--

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com

Hi,

thanks for this request from your part.

In order to be able to configure the port of my switch with my configuration VLAN voice + VLAN data, how do i must use the netconfig tool ?

Can you help me creating the right job that eventually let me enter the port of the switch as a variable ?$

Regards

I think what might be easiest is to go to RME > Config Mgmt > Netconfig > Netconfig Jobs, and create a new Port-based job.  Then, define an ad-hoc rule to match the port or ports you want.  For example:

Port.PortName equals Fa0/3

Then, create an Adhoc Task which defines the VLAN values that you require.