Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 with Microsoft windows 2003 server

Hi Joseph,

In my organization we are having 12, LMS 3.2 servers deployed across the globe. As per Audit policy we need to deploy Microsoft win2003 server security patches on all servers using WSUS. Every month our server team sends us query before applying the patches regarding it's compatibility with LMS.

Can you please let me know is there any article, Bulletin or support from Cisco regarding the compatibility of Microsoft security patches with LMS?

Basically I want to know the method by which I can evaluate the patches and confirm the management regarding the impact analysis of security patch deployment.

Is Cisco recommending MS security patches periodically ? Or is Cisco Publishing any article about the patches which should not be deployed on LMS servers?

Regards,

Satya.

4 Replies 4

scott.lorenzen
Level 1
Level 1

This is an excellent question and I await the response.  Just as an example Citrix post their results with each of MS patches that come out as seen at this link http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX126667.  It would be nice to see some form of testing being done with the LMS application against these types of patches and posted for people to be aware of.

Hi,

I too look forward to see this question answered in some way or the other and fully agree with scott too. We all agree that ciscoworks has dependencies on WIN OS and some of its applications. In some cases, it is also seen that on updating OS patches, CW crashes. eg IPM does not work or Campus Manager refuses to start.

Let me tell a practical problem. Server team maintains the WIN 2003 box, its compliances, antivirus etc etc. We maintain the network devices and monitoring / management stations. Everything works fine until MS releases a new patch. Then a war starts between us. 'Coz many a times it has been noticed that on installing the patch CW crashed. so need help on this section.

It would be great if we could make out what MS patches can be installed etc. as release notes / article etc.

Best Regards // Rajiv

Hi Joseph,

Request your expert comment on this.

Regards,

Satya

Hi, will bump this thread as I am seeing the same issue coming up on our LMS 4.1 installation. It is currently running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard with SP1. Does anyone no how LMS 4.1 is reacting to WSUS updates.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: