cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.21/ CM 5.2.2 [Cat4510R+E] - Legacy-Question: UserTracking doesn't collect Portinfos on Modules greater than Slot 8

lo.mueller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

knowing that LMS 3.21 is a really outdated version of LMS I actually struggle with CM 5.2.2-UT Application.

Environment:

- LMS 3.21 (Mdf. 1.89, CMDeviceUpdates.CM522.v3.0)

- Solaris 10

- Cisco Catalyst 4510R+E (IOS-XE Version 03.03.00.SG)

Linecards in Slot 9/10: WS-X4648-RJ45-E

Problem:

UT Discovery only discovers Endhosts on Switchports until Modul-Slot 8. Endhosts connected to port on Slot 9/10

won't be collected (in /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/portsData.xml file no entries will be found on ports highter the slot 8).

But Endhosts can be seen with #show mac addr dyn on switch and with performing a snmpquery on dot1dTpFdb-Table.

Question:

Anybody out there knowing whether there is a limitation within LMS 3.21 not to discover switchports geater than module 8?

Any suggestions for further troubleshooting; I parsed thru several log files (ut.log, ani.log, ...)

For certain reasons we have to stay on this "old" version of LMS until we can upgrade to LMS 4.x or PI 2.x.

Thanks for any feedback

Lothar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known issue in LMS where Module 9/10 aren't displayed correctly for the End Hosts with them.

The issue is caused by bug CSCue87491. You can try to upgrade to IOS XE 3.5.0E 15.2(01)E, where the issue isn't seen.

Downloading url of IOS XE 3.5.0E 15.2(01)E for 4510R/4500 SUP7-E :
http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283289791&flowid=19223&softwareid=282046477&release=3.5.0E&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. Rate them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known issue in LMS where Module 9/10 aren't displayed correctly for the End Hosts with them.

The issue is caused by bug CSCue87491. You can try to upgrade to IOS XE 3.5.0E 15.2(01)E, where the issue isn't seen.

Downloading url of IOS XE 3.5.0E 15.2(01)E for 4510R/4500 SUP7-E :
http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283289791&flowid=19223&softwareid=282046477&release=3.5.0E&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. Rate them.**

Hi Vinod,

thank you for this quick reply regarding my question.

With this problem I never thought that the Switch-Image is the problem.

We now will test your recommended Image in our LAB and the rollout in production.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for helping

After testing in the lab, we could sucessfully poll correct

endhost-information (mac,ip,vlan,port) from updated Cat4510R.

So the recommended image solves the problem.

Thanks for helping

Glad to know it helped. Thanks for the update.

-Thanks

Vinod

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco