Views
Helpful
Replies

lms 4.0.1, device status window do not complete load

tneuhuber
Level 1
Level 1

hello together,

i have newly installed lms 4.0.1 server, where i get the "device status window" in the troubleshooting section not loaded.

most of the items on the page are loading...., but they will never get loaded completly.

i have checked all updates and bugfixes for lms and also for solaris.

in the daemons.log file i found the following error messages, they are repeated every few minutes:

In EPMOgsAdapter:EPMOgsadapter is sleeping. Waiting for OGSServer to come up com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.common.CTMException: URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

17/Jan/2012 12:06:55:307 ERROR  ? ?  - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

17/Jan/2012 12:06:55:320 ERROR  ? ?  - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

17/Jan/2012 12:06:55:321 ERROR  ? ?  - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

[ Tue Jan 17 12:06:56 MET 2012 ] TomcatMonitor After gettingAJPPort

[ Tue Jan 17 12:06:56 MET 2012 ] TomcatMonitor After gettingAJPPort : ajpPort = 9009 and host =cw-01

[ Tue Jan 17 12:06:56 MET 2012 ] TomcatMonitor theMgr constructor successful.

[ Tue Jan 17 12:06:56 MET 2012 ] TomcatMonitor Inside whileloop

[ Tue Jan 17 12:06:56 MET 2012 ] TomcatMonitor Tomcat is not ready, it's coming up Connection refused

[ Tue Jan 17 12:07:01 MET 2012 ] TomcatMonitor Inside whileloop

[ Tue Jan 17 12:07:01 MET 2012 ] TomcatMonitor Tomcat is not ready, it's coming up Connection refused

Attached you will find the complete daemons.log

Does anybody know how to over this issue?

I do not know if the "not loading window" and the error messages are to due same problem.

thanks for help in advance

regards

Thomas

5 Replies 5

Andrew White
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting the exact same error on LMS 4.1 also getting the "not loading window" error. Likewise for the log files. It is running as a VM appliance on an ESX host.

hi Andrew,

the loading window error is due to a lack of a "management ip" in dcr.

in my case, most of the device are loaded manualy into the dcr, but just with an hostname and no "management ip".

Devices which have a "management ip" in the dcr are working fine in the device status window.

Normaly you will get the ip address in dcr from the discovery process of the Ani-Server part, if you have setup the discovery process and have a working DNS (reverse lookup for the management ip).

the errors in the daemons.log are gone, i do not know why.

regards

Thomas

the log messages you posted are typically seen during startup of the LMS processes and - in this case - they are ok and can be ignored

hi martin,

ok, do you after what time the errors messages are disappering, or why they are there just during the startup?

regards

Thomas

roughly speaking, it depends on the server hardware and the count of devices LMS manages. Both these factors influence the time LMS needs to bring all processes up and running, including the start-up of the databases. I have seen this taken from less then 5 minutes till up to 30 min and even more (for all databases); If I remember well, Tomcat itself is given a max period of 5 minutes to come up;

as far as I know, the ogs messages are comming from the "object grouping server" "model" or "servcice" used in LMS and some of the processes need to register or connect to this service. Because there are dependencies between individual processes they "poll" for a down dependent process to see if it is up and running and to check when they can proceed withtheir startup.

When all processes are up and running these messages are gone - or you see something like "successfully connected"