Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0.1 devices not added to DCR after discovery

Adrian Lazar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have just installed LMS 4.0.1 and started to discover parts of the network. After the discovery process finished successfully -  100+ new devices were added to DCR message - I was able to see the devices by clicking on their number but when I go to Inventory-Add/Import/Manage Devices I cannot see any device in the Group that I created.

If I restart the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager process the newly discovered devices are added to the custom Group.

This seems like a bug as I had a LMS 4.0 evaluation installation a few months ago and device discovery was working fine meaning the devices were added immediately to the Inventory.

Any assistance is highly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

wim_depauw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adrian,

I have  the same problem , were you able to resolve the problem ?

gr

wim

Hi Wim,

No, the problem is not solved, from time to time I have to restart the virtual machine where LMS is installed in order to have the DCR updated with the latest devices discovered.

Are you using also a virtual machine for your LMS installation ?

Regards,

Adrian

Hi,

We are using a physical machine but even with a reboot I don't see the devices.

gr

wim

hi,

i had faced this issue. Just check casuser has the permission to your machine. Also is the machines in AD/ Standalone. I faced because of AD permission which was blocking casuser in local group permission.