cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0.1 Error Portlets "Collection Summary" and "Syslog Collectors Information"

STEFFEN NEUSER
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

After Upgrade to 4.0.1 we have emtpy portlets "Collection Summary" and "Syslog Collectors Information" with:

"Sorry, an error occurred"

written in.

Discovery doesnt work as well. A simultanous Wireshark trace shows the SNMP credentials and communication with the devices are correct during discovery, but all devices keeps unreachable for LMS:

discovery.png

Its also very funy to see in debug and wireshark that LMS trys to contact other devices than specified as seed's during discovery.

That means LMS has acces to sprecified seeds and uses informations to get the neighborships via CDP and or routing information, but cant mark them to be reachable.

What can we do? Should we go back to 4.0.0?

Q: Not shure about reading the release notes. Are last Package updates included in v4.0.1?

This installation is fourtunly in our Lab with a NFR. Till clearification I will NOT use LMS4.0.1 for our customers.

Steffen

Nachricht geändert durch sneuser

2 Replies 2

Nael Mohammad
Contributor
Contributor

Post the pdshow output from CSCOpx/bin and the CiscoWorks_install logs from either C:\ drive or /var/tmp. Lets ensure the installation did not have any issues.

Also are able to go in the reports and run a 24 syslog report? I'm wondering if the problem is with the portlet itself and if that's the case, post the CSCOpx/log/cwportal.log.

Attached are the logs (that I'm saved from the 4.0.1 installation, that exists no more) and pdshow

Steffen

Nachricht geändert durch sneuser, quotation of special chars, .eg. " = " could be fixed in this forum board software, if you send the post via email

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: