Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0.1 - Inventory problem with 6500 VSS

Abel JULIAN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have just made a fresh install of LMS 4.0. I installed the 4.0.1 version too. It is done on a Windows 2008 STD running a WM environment.

I have only one problem : I cannot get the inventory collection for a 6500 VSS chassis. It is discovered, I got the archive configuration, it is visible on the data topology and on CiscoView but when I try to collect it for the inventory I got the following message :

R2-C6509-01Device Collection  Failed.

Someone has an idea?

Thanks by advance,

Regards,

Abel JULIAN,

Nextiraone France.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Login to LMS, then point your browser to
    http://SERVERIP:1741/rme/devices.do
select your device and click "Edit Device Attributes", then click "Inlide Edit" and adjust the SNMP timeout settings for this device; in a first step change it to 10 (default is 2); Save the settings by clicking "Modify" and on the next screen "Apply".
Retry Inventory Collection and see if it will be successful now.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Login to LMS, then point your browser to
    http://SERVERIP:1741/rme/devices.do
select your device and click "Edit Device Attributes", then click "Inlide Edit" and adjust the SNMP timeout settings for this device; in a first step change it to 10 (default is 2); Save the settings by clicking "Modify" and on the next screen "Apply".
Retry Inventory Collection and see if it will be successful now.

Thanks you very much ! I was looking for this parameter (I had the same issue in LMS 3.2) but I am new in LMS 4.0.

Have a nice day

the reason why you could not find it is very simple - the web page is there, but they just forgot to integrate the link to the site in LMS 4.0 and LMS 4.0.1 - but the link is planned to be integrated in LMS 4.1- until then there is this workaround: just go the page directly...