Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0.1 "Forbidden" message when trying to access via UI

I'm running LMS 4.0.1 on a Win2008r2 platform.  I can hit the main log in page, but entering a username and password results in the following message being displayed:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cw;ms/gsHome.do on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request".

I've reset the server, restarted the app, reset the casuser password.  Restarted the app again.

Any idea what could be causing this error.  I know there was a problem wtih the server yesterday but can't find the person who troubleshot it ad rebooted the server.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Kimberly

1 Reply 1

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First suggestion-- move to other version of LMS if possible, preferred LMS 4.2.x. 

4.0.1 is very old and even many security updates to win2k8 may affect its compatibility, which sometime will be hard to diagnose and troubleshoot, being old.

Please try the following steps:

1. Stop the daemon manager

2. Regenerate the SSL certificate (Dont forget to start you shell/command prompt session as Administrator):

*Remove server.*  files under NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\conf\ssl (take backup of all 4 files before deleting).

*NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl -disable

*NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl -enable

*Fill all the details it request for.

*Ensure that the following files are created under NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\conf\ssl :

server.crt

server.csr

server.key

server.pk8

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: