Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 always connect with telnet in Software Management

schoerlin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

a few days ago, I set up a new LMS server (version 4.0).

Most things works as designed but if I use Software Distribution to upgrade the IOS of a Cisco Switch I got always the following error:

SWIM5001: Cannot connect to the device 10.x.x.x using TELNET

Telnet is not allowed on the switches, therefore I understand the error message, but I don`t understand why the LMS server tries to connect with telnet. All transport settings are set to ssh, telnet is not enabled.

When I make a job with Net Config, everything works fine. The LMS server connects with ssh and make the right configurations.

Is there a seperate setting where I`m able to choose the protocol order for the module Software Distribution ?

Thanks and best regards

Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Admin > Network > Software Image Management > View/Edit Preferences

There you specify what protocol to use for image distribution you can also specify to use ssh with fallback to telnet

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Admin > Network > Software Image Management > View/Edit Preferences

There you specify what protocol to use for image distribution you can also specify to use ssh with fallback to telnet

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

you are my hero. I thougt I visited all sites on the LMS Server, but either I didn`t see this entry or I didn`t visit this site.

With this setting it works. without any problems.

Thank you ver much, have a nice weekend!!

Frank

Welcome Frank,

The place for this page in the menu is indeed a bit odd. Not sure where I would have put it though

Cheers,

Michel