cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 ANI Data Collection

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Lately my ANI Data Collection seems to be running continuously. I even backed off the schedule for UT acquisitions to no avail. I also restarted the daemon manager.

I'm not sure if it's related but we made some changes on the management SVIs for a number of our switches to make them more reachable. I also upgraded to LMS 4.0.1

ANI Data Collection processes had been running fine earlier - kicking off on schedule and completing successfully.

I've attached a copy of the current ani.log

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The bug is correct.  I just filed it.  It will take time before it shows up externally.

View solution in original post

sicampbe
Level 1
Level 1

Service Request has been closed as the patch for CSCto06189 has resolve the issue for LMS 4.0.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This looks like a new bug in LMS 4.0.1 introduced by the fix for CSCso03691.  I don't yet have LMS 4.0.1 source and debugging is not enabled, so I cannot see exactly where the problem lies, but one of the port channel classes is not properly implementing the new methods for finding channels by ifIndex.

Thanks, Joe.

I will go ahead and open a TAC case for follow up.

Update - it was a bug introduced in LMS 4.0.1. The TAC provided a patch and things are operating normally once again.

it would be great if you could provide the bug ID

I'll ask TAC for the BugID when I close the case - I'm keeping it open a few days to confirm continued proper operations.

You can probably have them look it up in their internal notes - it was case number SR 617117299.

The bug is CSCto06189.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Joe,

Bug toolkit reports The bug ID CSCto06189 does not exist.  Please verify the bug ID and try again.

Perhaps it hasn't been published externally yet.

The bug is correct.  I just filed it.  It will take time before it shows up externally.

sicampbe
Level 1
Level 1

Service Request has been closed as the patch for CSCto06189 has resolve the issue for LMS 4.0.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: