cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 credential set selection

Steve Warren
Level 1
Level 1

I exported the all the devices in DCR along with their credentials.  I realize that the credentials shown for some of the devices were from a old credential set the I have deleted. The reachability status for the devices using the credentials from the non-existent credential sets says SSH is successful

I unmanaged all devices then deleted them from DCR and ran a discovery.  I have a policy configure that i also selected in the discovery settings.  However LMS still uses the credentials from the non-existent credential set.

Can someone please advise me on what I am doing.

For some of the devices the telnet/ssh password are the same but the enable passwords are different. Will i have to create more than one credential set with the same telnet/ssh password along with different enable passwords to solve this?

One more thing. Look at the following sceneriio scenario:

Device A credentials:

SSH username: usera

SSH password: 123

enable password: enable

Device B credentials:

SSH username: usera

SSH password: 123

enable password: disable

Credential set Default:

username: usera

password: 123

enable password: enable

Credential set Sec:

username: usera

password: 123

enable password: disable

Policy: *.*.*.*  Default

*.*.*.* Sec

LMS discovers Device B

Which policy will lms use for device B the credentials?

Will it choose the credential set that has the most correct credentials or the first credential set to pass a username and password test?

1 Reply 1

Steve Warren
Level 1
Level 1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: