Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 installation stucks

hkupper
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Windows 2003 server R2 with all patches installed. When I try to install LMS 4.0 I the installation stucks with  "Default logrot Changes". Nothing else will happen.

Any Ideas?

Regards

Hubert

7 Replies 7

Svetlana Radzevich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the installation log (you could find it on the C:\ )

Sorry, it took a bit of time.

The attachment contains the log. The installation hang at the point "Default logrot Changes".

Regards

Hubert

Ok, now it seems to work. I had to cancel one of the java processes during the installation (had to try which of these for different times to find the one who stucks). Then the installation continues.

Maybe this helps other users.

I find this is not really user friendly. A company like cisco should be able to support the latest versions of windows server and provide a functionally setup.

Best regards

Hubert

Hi Hubert,

same pb. as you with  a new and patched Win 2800 R2 Ent and I could not find out what happens.

Please give me the way you followed to resolve the issue and which Java service have been stopped to continue the install.

REgards,

Jacky

Hi Jacky,

first I installed the CiscoWorks_LMS_4.0.x_WIN2K8_R2.exe patch. Then if the Installation stucks I opened the taskmanager. I saw a lot of java.exe processes there. Then I looked for java processes which doesn't change process time and killed the first from up to down. I had to try this for two or three times to find the process who stucked. Then the installation finished and CiscoWorks was installed.

After the installation finished some processes didn't start. See the following thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3294290#3294290

I know, this is not a comfortable solution, but it worked for me and I hope, it will work for you too.

Best regards

Hubert

sergebesse
Level 1
Level 1

bonjour,

j'ai rencontré le même problème en installant Cisco Unified Operation Manager.

Pour le résoudre, pendant l'installation, supprimer le premier process Java.exe dans le gestionnaire des tâches.

Please post in english. I don't understand france.