Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 Issues:-IT Discovers the Device but does not show in List

yogesh bhalerao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I am having LMS 4.0 Software and taking the Inventory with it, but there is somewhat a strange problem

I CAN SEE THE LMS DISCOVERING MY DEVICES IN NETWORK BUT DOES NOT SHOW IN THE DEVICES LIST(where we see all the devices)

IF ANY BODY CNA HELP ME WITH THE SAME.

Thanks in Advace

3 Replies 3

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What does the result says for the disocvery summary. Please post he screenshot of :

Admin > Network: Discovery Settings

Also, let see if any device is here in DCR (share screenshot by checking box, all devices):

Inventory > Device Administration: Add / Import / Manage Devices

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your Reply,Actually my colleuge is sitting in the Remote Site for LMS and i can just contact him by phone there is no interent for sending the screenshot but acc to him

1) IN Admin > Network: Discovery Settings:-HE CAN SEE ALL DEVICES

2) IN Inventory > Device Administration: Add / Import / Manage Devices:-HE CANNOT SEE ANY DEVICES

When the discovery runs, it is important for discovery to have the devices in known state. Only the known state devices will be added to Data Repository. Any other state devices. Like Unknown, unreachable, etc will not be added.

Try to add a device manually and see if that appears there. Device can be added from :

Inventory > Device Administration: Add / Import / Manage Devices

If this is a new install check the install log if installation was smooth. Install file will be default on c:\ drive.

-Thanks

Vinod Arya

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: