cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 + local host file

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've added a local host file to my Windows server running LMS4.0. I confirmed that resolver.pl now resolves hosts previously known only by their IP address as hostnames.

My question is what do I need to do to make the various components now integrate those host names into the displays in DCR, DFM, CM, etc. displays and reports? Will a simple server (or process) restart suffice ro do I need to redicover the whole network? I treid rediscovering a single newly-resolvable device from the Topology view but that had no effect.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A "basic" Device Discovery (CSDiscovery in LMS 3.2) would do the job as the option "update DCR Display name" is given when configuring the initial discovery process, thus it is part of this discovery job (formerly located in Common Services)

"Re-Discover Device" in Campus is not a discovery but a Data Collection (it updates the database with Layer 2 (VLAN, VTP etc) and port information

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A "basic" Device Discovery (CSDiscovery in LMS 3.2) would do the job as the option "update DCR Display name" is given when configuring the initial discovery process, thus it is part of this discovery job (formerly located in Common Services)

"Re-Discover Device" in Campus is not a discovery but a Data Collection (it updates the database with Layer 2 (VLAN, VTP etc) and port information

Merci bien!

That fixed me up. On to the next step in my optimization quest.