cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 poller issue and software down.

bhartsfield
Level 1
Level 1

I am doing an evaluation of LMS 4.0.  I have loaded the system on Windows and manually added my core 3750 switch into the system.  Device availablity is showing the device as available.  However, the other pollers like link utilization, error count, etc. all show that there is no data.  When I go into the poller config, the pollers for link utilization and errors show 0 devices associated and a status of "instance not found".  The CPU and availability pollers show active with my one device added.  I have verified the credentials and if I go into Inventory -> Port and module and select my 3750 I do get a list of all the interfaces and the descriptions so LMS is connecting to the switch and pulling data. 

So how do I get the pollers for link utilization and errors to start populating data?

Second question, during install I did configure the software update section and it said there was an LMS 4.0.1 available which I told it to download.  Now I have a psu_download directory and some more directories like cm, cmf, etc. but I don't see any file on what to do with them.  What do I need to do to install the new package files that were downlaoded to psu_download?

4 Replies 4

bhartsfield
Level 1
Level 1

I think I figured out the first part.  The ports are not recognized as link ports but as access ports so the link port monitors don't see any active link ports.

So, I setup my own poller to include both devices I have in to pull all the data.  This poller shows that it ran properly however, even though the dashboard now shows data it looks like it is pulling all 0's.  Utilization shows 0.  Memory usage shows 0.  CPU usage shows 0.  Errors show 0 (and I know I have one port that does have errors).  So while the poller thinks it is running properly I don't seem to be getting back any good data.  Is there something else I need to setup?

I am getting data now so that is good.

I have the devices setup with SNMP read only access plus SSH/Enable access and all that is working.

However, the "fault discovery" is showing as failing  with an SNMP timeout, but I have verified SNMP access is working and  configured properlty.  When I go into the Fault Manager it says there  are no devices configured in the system.  The devices I have configured  show up as "questioned devices"/"snmp timeout".  So how do I get the  devices setup properly for fault detection since this is really one of  the major features I am looking for out of Ciscoworks is easy  identification of issues on switches accross the LAN. 

This is my collector summary.  Fault is the only one still not working.  Suggestions on what to look at?

Inventory Collection50

26 Jun 2011, 18:34 PDT

IdleSchedule

Config Archive00

26 Jun 2011, 18:35 PDT

IdleSchedule

EnergyWise Collection50

26 Jun 2011, 18:35 PDT

IdleSchedule

Device Discovery--

-

Recent discovery information not foundSchedule

Fault Discovery05

-

IdleSchedule

Topology Data Collection40

26 Jun 2011, 18:40 PDT

IdleSchedule

UT Major Acquisition3 (54 End hosts
0 IP Phones)

26 Jun 2011, 17:35 PDT

IdleSchedule

VRF Collection10

26 Jun 2011, 18:41 PDT

IdleSchedule

Hi!

Vi also have the same problem with "Fault monitoring". We have recently installed LMS 4.01 and all seems to be working OK exept that none of our devices can be moniored in "Fault Monitor".  We also get "Fault discovery failed" with snmp timeout.  Reachability status shows: SNMPv1 and SNMPv2c Read and Write "Success". Does anybody know what can be the cause of this?

Best Regards

Stefan Lundberg

University of Gothenburg