Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 Problems related with ANI Server

Hello,

We have problems with ANI Server on a recent LMS 4.0 installation, the process appears with the state " Running with busy flag set" (always looks like on the same state), and we can connect with the service topology pluging and I can see topology maps, etc. But the problem appears when we try the access to any ANI Server Report (ANI Server Analisys for example although happens with the others reports) we obtain always a notification windows with the following error message: "Unable to load properties from server. Please try after some time".

If we try running the reports from local server (to avoid any problems related to the client computer) we obtain the same error.

We make some test:

• check that the tcp ports 42342 y 43242 are opened,
  • check that the pluging version are the recommended (are installed from the ciscoworks server) and there is not cache problem (we deleted de cache)
  • check that there is not any proxy configuration issue.

A similar think happens when access to "Data collection Critical Devices Poller" whe obtain a notification windows that says that the "Ani Server may be down..", maybe are related?

22 Replies 22

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

If the aniserver is running in a pdshow then the first thing to check is the hostname of the server.

On the client pc it must resolve to the servers IP address

can you do a http://:1741/

if that is OK then do a telnet     telnet servername  43242

Cheers,

Michel

Thanks Michel

Yes, I can connect from any client PC to the web server (the DNS name is resolved vi hosts file on all clients PC) and the tcp port 43242. Also with pdshow ANIServer I can see that the process are UP:

Process= ANIServer
State  = Running with busy flag set
Pid    = 20324
RC     = 0
Signo  = 0
Start  = 12/15/2010 7:13:56 PM
Stop   = Not applicable
Core   = Not applicable
Info   = ANIServer started.

The problem is that I cannot exec any Report from Best Practices (I obtain a error windows that said that ANI Server is not running) and cannot exec any report from "Reports>System>" .

But I can connect with Topology Services java pluging.

Post the ani.log, ANIServer.log, NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log.

Many thanks for your interest,

attach a zip file with the logs files that you mention

It appears your installation may be damaged.  Post your NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/conf/server.xml file as well as screenshots of the Services control panel showing all of the CiscoWorks services.

Hello Joseph,

attached on the response there is a zip file with the file server.xml and other with a image of windows services status

Thanks for your help

Post the list of files under NMSROOT/htdocs/ANI.

Attached there is a txt file with the list of files

On the server itself, login to LMS, then change your URL to:

http://madcpd02cw:1741/JSP/CAMPUS/ANI/GetAniName.jsp?dmgrName=ANIServer

What do you see?

According to the logs many files are "missing" when the server attempts to communicate with itself.  The URL above is one such example.  This could mean that the server's hostname is wrong, there's some host-based security software performing filtering, or there is some kind of permissions problem.

Hello Joseph,

when connect to the url that you post I can see "ANIServer7.0-MADCPD02CW", I paste a print screen with the output. Also I checked the hostname of the server with the command hostname and is the same.

What other software do you have installed on the server?  In particular, what security software do you have installed (e.g. firewall, anti-virus, etc.)?  Do you use a proxy in your network?

Hello Joseph,

Sorry for delay on the response, I checked the software installed on the server, but there is not any other software, the ciscoworks installation was performed on a clean instalation of the Operative System. Also I checked that the Firewall of the MS Windows 2008 are deactivated.
Attach some captures of installed programs screen, MS windows firewall status and winversion windows

Best Regards and many thanks for your help

Do you use a proxy in your network?

Hello Joseph,

Yes, there is,

Although all the tests that we have done are made without any proxy configuration, attach a example of the proxy configuration from Internet Explorer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: