cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 reacheability tests for a simple IP address possible?

bastianbrachner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

is it possible with LMS 4.0 to do a simple reachability test for an IP address not based on device?

The ip address I want to check for reacheability is not the management ip address I add in Inventory->Device Administration->Add->Device Properties->IP Address

For example: I want to test the reaceabilty of the IP-address 10.113.15.4, not management ip, it shall be an interface ip address.

With the performance monitoring I want to test the reacheability, if it fails continuously 2 times I want to get a notification with an low severity.

After 6 continuously fails of the reacheability test I want to get a notification with an medium severityand in the end after 12 continuously fails of the reacheability

test I want to get a notification with an criticaclc severity. The threshold configuration and the threshold criteria should not be the problem,

the problem is where do/can I enter the corresponding ip address I want to test.

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

You can enter an ip address as a new device in the DCR. Then in monitoring create a poller that checks the availability of this device/IP address.

I have never tried to create different alerts base on the times a test fails, and I doubt if it can be done.

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: