Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 resources near 100%

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hopefully Joe Clark will see this,

We have a clean install of LMS 4.0 on a virtual server, a single 2.4G processor and 4G of RAM.

I do see the paging file size is 4G and recommended is 8G.

The install was pretty smooth and everything seemed to be working fine. I have gradually added devices and  the config archive and inventory is working properly so far.

I recently started sending SNMP traps to the server and noticed the server is beginning to get slower. I see the processor utilize 100% and 90% of RAM as of now.

After the install, I looked for updates and LMS is saying there are no updates available.

Are there any bugs to be aware of, or should we add more resources to the server?

Also, is the shut down and reboot procedure the same whereas I shut down LMS processes first, then reboot server?

5 Replies 5

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Could you verify that your VM meets the minimum requirements as described here http://tools.cisco.com/squish/645Cb

In general you will see a period of time during Daemon start-up when the CPU gets pegged at 100%. However this is not a persistent state. What process or processes are consuming the resources?

Regarding the swap:

1. Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> System.
2. Click on Advanced system settings.
3. Performance section -> Settings.
4. Click the Advanced tab
5. Virtual memory section -> click Change.
6. Clear the "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" check box.
7. Click Custom size and type a new size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box. Both values can be set the same size.
8. click Set, and then click OK.

**IMPORTANT**

• Windows 2008 R2 is not supported yet.
  • There are two ways to check if the OS is an R2 release.

a) Run the CLI command "systeminfo" and verify if the OS name mentions "R2"
        b) Open My Computer > Help > About Windows, and verify if the pop-up says "R2"

Thanks

Thanks,

I do see that the processor has gone down from being pegged at 100%, I looked at the time, but do not recall exactly what was utilizing the processor.

They were bouncing around, but processor stayed steady at 100%

Tomcat was one, and dbsrv was another.

I must have been looking during some sort of collection activity?

We are going to boost the page file size and add a processor.

Another question is concerning the monitor dashboard, I have the layout set to "two rows 50/50" and even after stop/start of crmdmgt, it still shows up what looks like two rows 30/70.

Is there something on my browser that I should check?

Hi,

I just tried it with Firefox without issue. What browser are you using?

Thanks,

Nick

I am using IE8.

I will try with Firefox and see if it is an issue, I figure it is something on my end.

I love this LMS 4.0 by the way.

A couple of other questions:

On the N-Hop View, is there a way to modify the layout (rearrange the icons)?

Also, It looks like the view will not show across non managed links, like across provider MPLS links, even though the branches are being monitored and are in DCR.

I recall reading somewhere I could manually add items, is this the way to get the branches in that portal?

Hi,

The N-Hop View documentation is here: http://tools.cisco.com/squish/B2048

Unfortunately there is no mention of an ability to customize the layout and I was unable to do so.

Typically the disconnected networks are a result of layer 2 connectivity interruption, which Topology relies on to draw it's layout.

As a side note: I became curious about the layouts and played with a few others. Some do not seem to work as expected. I have not done exhaustive testing by any means. I am running Firefox 3.6.11 under Linux. I did try Firefox 3.6.8 under XP with the same results. Looks like I'll be figuring out which need to be fixed!

For Reference:

Browser Requirements

- Internet Explorer 7.x (except on Windows 7)
- Internet Explorer 8.x
- Firefox 3.6.x for Windows

Note: Only 32-bit IE and FF browsers are supported

Java Virtual Machine (JVM) Requirements

- Java Plug-in version 1.6.0_19 or later update versions only

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco