Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 Small Enterpise I: use case

fabio.marino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all i need information about CiscoWorks LMS 4.0

I have to monitor a network with 120 devices (router and switch Cisco) and my idea is to suggest to my customer to use CiscoWorks LMS 4.0.

First:

-i saw that is not more sell so i think to replace it with LMS 4.0 Small Enterpise I.

Based on my request do you think LMS 4.0 Small Enterprise I is the right choice?

Do you have some use case of CiscoWorks LMS 4.0 in a contest like my case? (120 devices)

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you want is LMS 4.0 with a 300 device license (CWLMS-4.0-300-K9).  That will give you support for the 120 devices you have today plus some room to grow.  There's nothing special you'll need to do for this installation.  As long as your server meets the requirements, you'll be good to go.  Some resource advice I would offer is not to skimp on memory and I/O power.  The more memory and faster disk/controllers you can throw at LMS 4.0, the better your experience will be.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: