Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.1 having problems discovering DMM

dverasteguin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!!

I have a problem discovering a Digital Media Manager and its respective DMPs with the Cisco Prime LMS 4.1

Ive configured the SNMP community on the DMM and on the LMS Discovery Settings.

However, when it finishes, I do see the IP address of the DMM but the status is Unreachable.

Please i would appriciate any help!!

Thank you very much in advance

Sincerely

Dante Verastegui

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS does not support the DMM as a managed device.  You should be able to discover it, but you won't be able to do much with the DMM in LMS.  The DMM SNMP configuration requires you to enter the IP address or hostname of the LMS server in order for SNMP communication to work.  Make sure you have entered the right IP.

joseph!

thank you for your repply!

Ive set up the correct parameters on the DMM but still the LMS sees it as unreachable.

do i have to install MIBs or topology patches or inventory images?

thanks in advance

sincerely

dante verastegui

No.  As I said, LMS does not support the DMM beyond basic SNMP.  You should confirm that basic SNMP requests work from the LMS server to the DMM.  It could be that you have a firewall blocking udp/161.

Hi,

my customer is using Cisco Prime 4.1 and maked a new discovery of a new added Cat 4506E with a Sup 7E

All the cards have been discovered, excepted WS-X4712-SFP+E.

Is this card not supported ?

I could not find any information about the support or not of this module, or about  the conditions for the Module support in Prime 4.1

Regards,

Jacky

Please start a new thread for this question.