Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.1 - Monitoring Threshold Script

MaliqueVince
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

I would like to create a higher level for theshold monitoring on LMS 4.1.

By default there are 3 Level (Criticial, Medium and Low), I would like to receive an additionnal alarm for my template.

In the threshold configuration there are a field "Execute Script".

Would it be possible to create a higher alarm with a script ?

If Yes : I can't find documentation about this.

I follow steps on this documentation but I don't know the syntax of the script

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0/user/guide/monitoring_troubleshooting/mnt-setup.html

Someone could explain me the syntax for the script ?

Maybe an example of script ??

If No : Could there be a solution to add an higher alarm ? and How ?

Thank's for your consideration,

Cordially Vincent Malique

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Doesnt seems possible to create another severity level of a threshold voilation. There are only three. You can modify the threshold criteria of an existing threshold using the Edit button. You can only make changes to the threshold criteria and the selection of instances. You cannot make changes to the threshold details (Threshold Name, Template Name, Variable Name).

Execute Script, is an option to run external command or script to be executed when threshold violation occurs.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Doesnt seems possible to create another severity level of a threshold voilation. There are only three. You can modify the threshold criteria of an existing threshold using the Edit button. You can only make changes to the threshold criteria and the selection of instances. You cannot make changes to the threshold details (Threshold Name, Template Name, Variable Name).

Execute Script, is an option to run external command or script to be executed when threshold violation occurs.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Okay, thank's I will think about an other methodology.

Thank's for all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: