Our LMS cannot start topology services.
we got the following error:
Cannot connect to ANIServer: ANIServer7.0-lms
1. Unknwown Hostname
2. Unknown Error
1. Check if the Hostname is DNS resolvable
2. Check whether the ANIServer process is up and running.
Where & how can i fix this problem. I dont know where to find ANIServer.
1. Has it ever worked? If yes, has anything changed? If no, then your installation may be suspect.
2. Do you get the same error when you are at the server itself (as opposed to accessing LMS remotely via a browser)? If yes, then the ANIServer process is likely not running. Look here for instructions on how to perform server self test and restart processes.
3. If the problem is limitied to client acess, I'm assuming you've checked suggestion #1 in your post. Beyond that, I have seen a similar issue when Java is not running the exact version (1.6.0_24) recommended by the LMS. I've also seen a clear of the Java cache remedy this issue.
Hope this helps.