Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.1 Unknown device

sreelalggbm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are running LMS 4.1 and we have more than 150 devices.

LMS could not find the fault discovery for 3 switches with partnumber WS-C3560C-12PC-S. This switches are considered as unknown.

Ios version is c3560c405-universalk9-mz.122-55.EX3.bin

But other things are ok. Inventory Collection ,Config Archive,  Topology Data Collection etc .  Is there any way to fix ths issue?

We have compact switch WS-C3560CG-8PC-S, which is working perfectly for all  features.

Is there any way to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

Regards

4 Replies 4

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As per the supported device list for LMS 4.1 the above devices are supported for fault management.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.1/device_support/table/lms41sdt.html#Cisco Catalyst 3560-C Series Switches

Try updating the device packages for Fault management as well and resubmit the devices in FM.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hai,

Fault dicovery issue is the only issue on WS-C3560C-12PC-S with ios version is c3560c405-universalk9-mz.122-55.EX3.bin

It works with  Inventory Collection ,Config Archive,  Topology Data Collection etc . 

We have compact switch WS-C3560CG-8PC-S, has image c3560c405ex-universalk9-mz.122-55.EX2 works fine

We cannot use this image for WS-C3560C-12PC-S.Is there any other images that we ca apply for this switches.

How we can update the device packages for Fault management?

Thanks in advance

Sreelal

Admin -> System -> Software Center -> Device Update

Following the documenation below regarding "Performing Device Update":

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.1/user/guide/admin/swcenter.html#wp1096972

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hello,

I had the same problem with a switch WS-C3560X-24P-S with IOS 12.2(55)SE3 .

After some analyses, I can see that the problem came after I applied the patch :

lms41-Linux-Bundled-Patch-March2012-0

To resolve this issue, I installed the Device Update "FaultManagementDeviceUpdates41.LMS41.v4-0". After installation, the switch was still in "unknown" state. I unmanaged / managed the device and then finally the DFM recognized the switch.

Cheers