Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.1 with CUCM 8.0.2 Phones only detected as End Hosts

hgans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

looks like I still have an issue with LMS to recognize the IP Phones in UT as IP Phones.

SNMP RO on Call Manager is enabled and is green in CM (e.g. topology) - so SNMP get is basically fine.

The Phones are recognised as End Devices in UT.

As far as I understand, now if I start a Phone Aquisition, the CUCM is polled by LMS to gather additional information about the phones.

So it seems there is a problem with the SNMP polling of the Callmanager?

thanks for any help!

br.herwig

5 Replies 5

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Not quite sure I understand...

Does the Call Manager show-up in the LMS DCR?

Thanks,

-Joe

Yes, its in DCR

below the device status of the Callmanager:

20.192.168.2.10Callmanager192.168.2.10
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.583Cisco 7825H Media Convergence Server

The phones are collected by UT as end hosts (it is seen through the voice vlan called "UC"):

But this phones are not recognized as phones in UT:

thanks,

br.herwig

User Tracking phone discovery is via snmp by walking ccmPhoneTable which is only available if the appropriate service is enabled

Prerequisite - The device must show up in Campus Data Collection.

Use device center and walk the follwoing OIDs

.1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2 - if this failed it is a problem with SNMP Engine, either it is not enabled, has the wrong community or has a host based ACL applied.

.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1 - this is the phone table, if this does not return details then you need to enable SNMP Service or restart it.

Serviceability -> Tools -> Control Center - Feature Services,  under Performance Monitoring Services -> Cisco Call Managers SNMp  Service

If the ccmPhoneTable walk is slow , then the problem might also be snmp timeout, you could try as a last resort increasing these values.  Keep in mind it will take both Data Collection and User Tracking longer to finish depending on how much these settings are modified.

Admin > Collection Settings > Data Collection > Data Collection SNMP Timeouts and Retries

If this does not work , then you may need to open a TAC case.

Thanks Thomas, these are very good hints for troubleshooting this.

What I can tell now, both SNMP walks deliver values- timeout issue maybe exist, the phone table walk was quite slow...

Now I'll play around with timeouts (seems like it's possible to change collection timeouts for single hosts also, so I try to change this only for the CCM).

The following is a SNMP walk of device 192.168.2.10 starting from .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2

SNMP Walk Output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB::ciscoMCS7825H

The following is a SNMP walk of device 192.168.2.10 starting from .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1

SNMP Walk Output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CISCO-CCM-MIB::ccmPhonePhysicalAddress.1 = STRING: 4:c5:a4:b0:10:a8

CISCO-CCM-MIB::ccmPhonePhysicalAddress.2 = STRING: 1c:17:d3:40:ca:d8

[...]

br.h

the SNMP timeout changes did not solve my issue.

My last test was a timeout of 300sec. with a second retry - so 10 minutes finally....

So I will go on and open a TAC Case as mentioned.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco