Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
rdotson
Beginner

LMS 4.2.2 3750x and 3750 mixed stack upgrade

I'm trying to use LMS to upgrade a stack of switches that have 1 or more 3750x's and other 3750's.  In Software Distribution, if I choose Distrube to devices, basic, it finds the x switch, which is the master but says the others are not candidates.  I don't see a place where I can tell it it is a mixes stack and choose multiple IOS's.

2 REPLIES 2
Douglas Holmes
Beginner

I am not particularly fond of mixed stacks in the enterprise.  There is always a danger when updating code that might not be compliant.  When using mixed stacks, I always updated manually and never used LMS.  This might not help in your particular situation. I didn't want to leave such an upgrade to chance.  When updating the IOS, you can do one switch at a time within the stack.   I use the .tar image and the "archive download-sw".  There is an option for the individual flash files systems for each stack member. 

Thanks Douglas, that's what I've been doing, but with a couple hundred stacks to do, it takes forever that way, because you have to do each switch individually, and most of my stacks have 4 - 8 switches in the stack.